Blog Journal #4

     Being as that I want to be a professor and teach on a collegiate level I chose the grade level 11-12 to understand what students who are older would need to understand. The standard I chose was LAFS.1112.W.3.8, this standard is about giving students relevant, digital, and scholarly sources to ensure a good flow of ideas and an understanding of the technology itself as a resource. Students who are exposed to good resources and have a grasp on how to obtain those resources will in turn be overall at research and developing papers. Knowing how to cite these papers and avoid plagiarism is all a part of the standard. I feel that with some material that I would have provided to me I would be able to effectively implement this standard. I had good teachers who exposed me to scholarly resources and ways to get to them so I'm excited to do that with other students. 

    The CPALMS Educator Toolkit is a good resource that allows teachers to have access to various different materials across different subjects. Being as that I am a social science education major I decided to look at the social science education section. Here I found videos about history from US and other topics that were educational and useful. I would use this in the classroom for a few reasons. One, beign that studetns need to be exposed to host of different materials from text to videos and two, is that when learning history irts improtant to have a host of different perspectives while sharing the facts. 

    Internet searching is an incredibly important skill in our age of technology and even more important the age of misinformation. Teachers specifically need to know what information they are finding and ensure that it refreains from bias and serves to educated. Being as that teachers are the ones who educate the future generations of leaders it is imperitive to make sure they have a grasp of proper internet searching so that their students can watch and learn. The internet searching resource that I enjoyed from this week was the advanced search option on google. This allows you to find a more specific source and filter out some of the unnecessary articles. On top of that it will take you to more scholarly articles which are key to creating better research.  

Comments