Blog Journal #10

    I think that using data collection as a teacher can do an incredible amount for a teacher. The best example I give is understanding how students feel about the content and/or the way it was presented. Collecting data on if the students like what you taught and how you taught it can give you an understanding of how students learn. For me, when teachers curate their lesson plans based on what students have told them it shows a level of care that I would like to emulate when I am a teacher. Being as that I want to be a professor I think that students on a collegiate level would like to have input in their lesson plans and how they will be taught. They are older and are already at a place of autonomy in that they chose their classes, I would like to make the classroom itself feel like a space where they have autonomy. 

    Upon reviewing my classmate's blogs the topics I found most interesting were the ones that had different perspectives or ideas than the ones that I have been making. For example, the blog post has challenged us to answer questions that are often rooted in opinion. This is the beauty of a blog but can make reading alternative opinions fun. Reading my fellow students that understood Diigo on week 2 while I was struggling to get in the group was very funny.

    I would like to learn how to code. This is something that is so widely accessible right now and if practiced can pay off more than one can know. I have friends who in 30 minutes' time can code a program that reminds them to message family members a happy birthday. I will achieve this goal by going on the free "learn to code" websites. If it's something that becomes more than an interest great, if not, I'm happy I tried/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #4